...

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. Proverbs 3:5

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Back In The Game

Last week was an off week for us. My counts were too low to continue with the treatment as scheduled, so we actually had a week without treatments. At first we were really upset but once the doctor explained the statistics we felt blessed to have made it at full dose for the first four weeks. Apparently only 20% of the study patients actually made it at the high does for the entire first four weeks. The doctor said that almost all patients in the study experienced on and off treatment weeks whenever their body's couldn't handle the treatment during this phase of the game. We really needed the emotional and physical break from treatment. It was a nice break. Each day I got a little stonger and my hunger came back. I was able to play with the kids some and by Monday of this week I was feeling pretty good.

I gave myself my first injection on Monday and that afternoon it was all coming back to me. The chills, fever, and not feeling well. On Wednesday of this week I was able to give myself the second shot and I had chills today, but nothing like Monday. We are praying that this lower dose fewer times a week, will allow me to be back at work. I will only have one week of shots instead of the two we had planned, but with God's help and all your prayers I am confident I will be able to make it through next week, when I return to work.

My family could still use your prayers as well. It will be quite a change for our four year old, to have his dad gone at work again. He has really been used to having me around, even though I have not been feeling well. Our 10 month old, well he just likes attention and food right now so he will be fine. Michele has mixed emotions, but I think she can't wait for me to back to work to get out of her hair and she can settle back into her routine. Just kidding.

These are big changes for all of us and we would again like to thank everyone for their prayers and help during this difficult time.

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment