...

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. Proverbs 3:5

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Week One

I haven't forgoten about posting my progress with the treatment. I got my first IV on Monday and by that afternoon I was shacking like a leaf. I would use the example of going out into the winter cold, in your underware, with a wet head and try to keep warm. I had rice bags on me and Michele was trying to help as well. By the time the shakes had tappered off, my muscels and joints hurt pretty bad. I just kept praying to God that he would give me the strenght to deal with every day. After about three hours I started to get a really high fever. It went away just about the time I went to sleep on Monday.

On Tuesday, I woke up and felt pretty good. I was surprised by this. Howerver, after my IV, the side affects hit me about 45 min. These were not quite as bad, but they were still not fun. Wednesday was more of the same. I actually slept most of the day after my IV, but of course that night I couldn't sleep. So today I had the chills again and I have been sleepy, but I decided not to sleep so I could sleep tonight.

My food intake has gone down quite a bit. However, I am eating more than I thought I would. Thank the Lord for antinausia medicine. I needed it on Monday and I have been using it ever since. I am allowed to have advil and the antinausia medice to help with the side affects. Oh and don't forget the power of prayer.

Thanks again for prayers. They truely do help my family and I get through this tough time. Also, thank you to all who have voluteered to help us. It truely means a lot.

1 comment:

  1. We're praying for you constantly, Walter. And for Michele, too. Love you both! K&S

    ReplyDelete