...

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. Proverbs 3:5

Friday, March 5, 2010

Tube Out, Help Needed Calendar, and Comments

Thursday was another milestone in my journey. I met with my surgeon, Dr. Harmon and he said the scar on my arm is doing great and he was able to remove most of the stitches. The skin is still pretty tight and I can't straighten my arm yet, but I am slowly working to that goal every day. I broke my collar bone when I was in college, so I have experience in stretching out my tendons.

He was also able to remove the drain as well. Man what a relief that has been. After 14 days I was ready to get it out. I was tired of draining, measuring and tracking my fluid. I was able to take a shower Friday. Wow was that nice. It is amazing how much we take for granted. I never realized how good my showers actually were. Today was a great reminder of this.

I also wanted to take the time to thank everyone for your throughts and prayers. They have not gone unnoticed and they have helped me and my family so much. Thank all of you have sent cards, brought over food and offered to help take care of our boys and do other things for us.

One question we have been asked since this started "is how can we help you". We were not prepared for the out pooring of love and number of people who wanted to pitch in and help us with whatever we needed. To be honest, we were caught completely off guard and had no idea how anyone could help us. Luckily for us we have the internet and some industrious friends. We have created a help needed calendar. Michele and I add activities and dates to this calendar and then folks can go in and sign up to do what is open. You will need to be patient with us on this one, because we are still updating this, but the link is at the end of this post.

One final note is we were able to figure out how to get comments posted on the blog as well. Sorry for not figuring this out sooner, but better late than never. The comments won't post right away, but they will post. Please feel free to share comments. Michele and I have tried to make sure it gets to everyone, but if you find out we missed someone please let us know or send them the link.

Thank you all again for your prayers. God has been amazing in getting us through to this step in the process. I thank you for your continued prayers for my family and I as we heal from the surgery and get ready for the interferon treatment. I will post more on this as we get closer to the treatment date of March 22nd.

Link to the calendar: www.lotsahelpinghands.com/c/623437/login/

3 comments:

  1. I love reading these positive updates! Awesome! Prayers and thoughts are still headed your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you all and wishing we were there to give you all hugs and do whatever we could, but when you get the help plan up we will plan to come over and take a couple of days of needs. Wish we could do more, but we know that prayer moves the hand of God so we will continue there without ceasing until you are completely well Walter and all of this is behind you. Don't forget that "all things work together for good" not just the good things. You have all of our love!!! Rob and Bernie and the boys

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michele and Walter...I used to work with Walter and sat on the other side of "the wall" of him several years ago. A friend recently told me of Walter's cancer. I wanted to let you know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family and that the day I found out I put Walter on a prayer blog. Congratulations on Caleb as well! Stacey

    ReplyDelete