...

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. Proverbs 3:5

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Back To The Grind

It has been quite a roller coster over the last few weeks. Quite honestly it seems like I was given the news yesterday, but I know it has been about five weeks now. So I thought it best to come back to work for four hours a day for the next two weeks. I just needed to balance the cabin fever with going back to fast and making my recovery take longer.

Today was nice. For those of you who work for Boeing you can relate the return to work issues we deal with, but for me the process was pretty easy. It took about 45 min and I was back in action. I had over 55o e-mails and my black berry needs to be reset but other than that it appears I am good to go. It was great to see my co-workers again. On the way home I did have the realization that I don't think I have fully wrapped my brain around exactly what has happened to me. I am sure as time goes on this will start to sink in more and more.

My family seems to be doing better as well. It was hard on them to see me go back to work, but since it was only for four hours we could get through it. Wyatt was in preschool most of the time and when I got home he came running out to meet me. It was really cool to see how excited he was to see me. Even Caleb had a huge grin on his face when I walked into the house and he looked great, despite being covered in his lunch. Michele has been truly amazing during all of this. She has been so strong. At one point, both Wyatt and Caleb were sick and I was needing pain meds every four hours. She was up all night and all day keeping us all going. Over the past week she has finally been able to get some sleep at night, since all of us boys are now sleeping better. On a lighter note, Caleb has decided that his baby food is no longer good enough and he wants to eat what we do. He keeps reaching for and mouthing whatever Michele has and it is the cutest thing to watch. Today he has actually had some "real" food and did great with it. Man they grow up fast.

I thank God every day that this initial process was so quick. He knows that waiting would have been really hard for me. Again, he has been amazing during these past few weeks and has been my rock.

Thank you all again for your prayers. I can't tell you how much they have helped me and my family during this difficult time. It is amazing how events like this bring us all closer together.

1 comment: